Post-Divorce Modifications

The personalized representation you receive from the lawyers at Goble & Yow, PLLC for your divorce continues if modifications to the decree are needed. As couples move on, life changes. New jobs are secured. Layoffs occur. Spouses remarry. Significant changes in circumstances often require significant changes to divorce decrees.

Goble & Yow, PLLC can assist with virtually all types of modifications. Common modifications to divorces involve:

  • Child support and custody
  • Alimony or spousal support
  • Parental "move-aways" or relocations
  • Civilian and military pensions

Personalized Advocacy With Relocations And Changes In Support Agreements

Most divorce modification cases involve shared parenting agreements and alimony. An unemployed spouse has found a job or is remarrying. Parenting plans that involve visitation were determined by circumstances surrounding the original divorce decree. Issues arise when one parent is not using the visitation days they are eligible for, requiring changes to child support orders.

Military personnel based at Fort Campbell and residents seeking to relocate need to provide 60 days notice in Tennessee, including a reason and a specific date of the move. The other parent has the right to file an objection. The court reviews all related information and must approve the relocation. As with any other aspect of a divorce, the best interests of the children come first.

Contact Us To Discuss Your Rights In A Free Consultation

Schedule your free initial consultation if you would like to discuss a civilian or military divorce with one of our experienced lawyers. Call our office at 931-266-4763 or send us an email. We offer affordable payment plans.