Divorce Modifications

Modification Lawyers in Clarksville – (931) 283-2311

When your divorce concludes, you and your ex-spouse will have a copy of divorce orders finalized and approved by the court. Make no mistake – they really are orders that you need to follow. Otherwise, you risk violating court orders and landing in legal trouble.

What can you do if you can’t keep up with the demands of your court order, though? It might be possible to modify them to be more reasonable for your lifestyle and financial situation.

Goble & Yow Attorneys in Clarksville can help you modify orders pertaining to:

You should be able to live comfortably after your divorce. It is our goal to help you modify orders as needed to help you feel satisfied with how your divorce concluded.

To request an initial consultation with our team, call (931) 283-2311 today.

When Can I Modify a Divorce Order or Agreement?

Asking a court to modify your divorce order is basically requesting that the court goes back on their previous decision. As you might guess, courts and judges are usually not exciting to have to change their own rulings. In order to give your modification request validity and a strong chance of approval, you will want to show the court why a significant life change has made the modification a necessity. In other words, simply disagreeing with or not liking a preexisting divorce order will likely not get your case very far.

Significant life changes that may justify a modification include:

  • Serious injury or illness
  • Unexpected job loss
  • Relocation requirement for career advancement
  • Remarriage

The life changes that justify a modification can be experienced by yourself or your ex-spouse. For example, if it is your ex-spouse who remarries, then you can ask for a modification to how much spousal support you pay. In such a situation, you would probably be excused from having to pay any at all.

Understand & Use Your Rights to Divorce Modification

Modifications to a divorce order of any sort can bring up sensitive issues, especially when your ex-spouse disagrees with the need for the modification. Stand on solid ground when preparing your case by getting the assistance and representation of our Clarksville modification attorneys. 

Contact us at (931) 283-2311 to discuss legal strategies and other services we offer!

About Goble & Yow

How Can We Help?

Trust Your Case to Our Attorneys

A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy
  • Excellent Relationships with Local Attorneys, Judges, and Prosecutors
  • Track Record of Success in All Practice Areas
  • Law Firm Built with Integrity and Professionalism
  • Over Three Decades of Combined Experience