Experienced Team of Attorneys in Clarksville & Surrounding Areas
Call Today 931-283-2311
Back to Top
Helping You Understand and Assert Your Rights Over Three Decades of Combined Experience

Clarksville Child Custody Attorney

Protect the Time You Get to Spend with Your Child

If you are going through a divorce ensuring a parent’s right to see their child is something we take seriously at Goble & Yow Attorneys, PLLC. For decades, our team of experienced Clarksville child custody lawyers has made it a priority to fight for our clients’ rights when it comes to being present for their family. If you believe your current child support situation is unfair or unreasonable, call our team today and schedule a free consultation. We take the time to help you better understand your situation and protect your interests with your family.

Call Goble & Yow Attorneys, PLLC today by dialing (931) 283-2311. You can also contact us online.

How Is Child Custody Determined in TN?

In family courts, the goal is to do whatever is best for the child, and that usually means keeping both parents involved as equally as possible. If one parent abandons the child, the courts may limit their ability to be involved. Otherwise, both parents should be allowed to have regular interaction with their family.

Who gets more custody depends on factors such as:

  • Their ability to provide for their child
  • Whether or not there is a history of abuse
  • How cooperative each parent is
  • Where the child attends school
  • The child’s decision, so long as they are at least 12 years old

Because these factors can be so subjective, building a compelling case for your interests is crucial. If you are to obtain more time with your child, you will need to show that you can be the parent they need. At Goble & Yow Attorneys, PLLC, we have over 35 combined years of experience building cases that help our clients obtain the best outcomes for their situations.

Can I Relocate My Child?

In Tennessee, the laws are meant to help joint custody parents to both have a good relationship with their child. This means each parent is expected to allow the other parent to communicate with them, but physical visitation does not have to be included. Unlike other states, you do not always have to modify a court order to move away so long as the other party cannot show you are leaving to keep the child away from their parent.

The other noncustodial parent must still be able to have a relationship with their child through:

  • Mail that is not censored by the custodial parent
  • Phone calls
  • Timely information should the child be in serious medical condition
  • Ability to participate in the child’s school and extracurricular activities

Let Goble & Yow Attorneys, PLLC help you obtain the time you want with your child. During your free consultation, we will go over how you can best approach your situation and obtain the best possible outcome for your needs.

Call our Clarksville child custody lawyer at (931) 283-2311 today or contact us online.

Firm Video

Goble & Yow About the Firm