Criminal Lawyers in Clarksville, TN
Arrested in Tennessee? Protect Your Rights With a Lawyer
If you have been charged with a criminal offense, obtaining a lawyer is of the utmost importance. Goble & Yow Attorneys, PLLC offers a wide range of services to ensure that you are treated fairly. With us on your side, you can stand strong in defense of your rights and your future. Let us help.
Call (931) 283-2311 or contact us online to set up a free consultation with a Clarksville criminal defense attorney.
Criminal Cases We Handle in Tennessee
At Goble & Yow Attorneys, PLLC, we are fiercely committed to your constitutional and legal rights. We believe that everyone is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. As your advocates, our criminal law attorneys will work to defend your rights and grant you the treatment that you deserve.
We can handle many offenses, including:
- Assault and battery
- Domestic assault and orders of protection
- Drug offenses
- DUI and other alcohol-related offenses
- Homicide and attempted homicide
- Probation and correction violations
- Sex crimes and child pornography
- Theft, robbery, burglary, and shoplifting
- Traffic offenses
- Weapons charges
We offer these services to all ages of clients, from juveniles to the elderly. Our criminal defense attorneys in Clarksville understand the impact that a conviction can have on a person’s life, which is why we are here to boldly advocate for you and your rights.
How a Criminal Defense Attorney Can Help in Your Situation
Facing criminal charges, no matter what they are for, is an overwhelming situation. If this is not the first time you have been charged with a crime, you already know how beneficial it is to work with a criminal defense attorney in Clarksville, Tennessee. If you are facing a criminal charge for the first time in your life, you need to learn how this type of attorney can help your case.
- Honest assessment – This is one of the most important ways a defense attorney can help your case. Instead of telling you what you want to hear, the attorney will review the charges and the evidence presented and then lay it all out on the line for you. This will help you come to decisions regarding how you will fight the charges.
- Experience & knowledge – A defense attorney has experience practicing the law in your jurisdiction, which means he or she will know the local judges and prosecutors. This could work in your favor. The attorney knows what it takes to get a sentence reduced or to even get the charges dropped.
- Logistics – When you work with a defense attorney, you will never have to worry about the various deadlines of your case. The attorney will handle the filing of all paperwork, depositions, collection of evidence and more. He or she will also make sure you appeal any court decisions you do not agree with by the required deadline.
- Expert witnesses – A defense attorney will also be able to bring in expert witnesses to testify on your behalf. They will likely have worked with these people in the past, which makes it easier to communicate with them.
Now that you know how important it is to work with a criminal defense attorney when faced with criminal charges in Tennessee, you need to protect your rights immediately. Contact us today!
What is Considered a Felony in Tennessee?
A crime is considered a felony in Tennessee when it is punishable with a year or more in prison. There are various felony classes ranging in severity of punishments. They are categorized as class A, B, C, D, and E. Class A felonies are the most serious of the group, while class E felonies will impose the lowest felony punishment.
Additionally, the statute of limitations will vary depending on the class of felony. The more serious the crime, the longer the statue of limitations will be.
A misdemeanor on the other hand is punishable up to 11 months and 29 days.
How long does a felony stay on your record in Tennessee?
Barring any exceptions, a felony will stay on your record in Tennessee forever. In some cases, the process of expungement can remove a criminal conviction from the record. However, not all crimes are eligible, and this is not an automatic process. If you have any further questions about this, do not hesitate to contact our firm.
Reach Out to a Clarksville Criminal Lawyer at (931) 283-2311
We pursue whatever legal option grants you the most favorable outcome, even if that means lengthy courtroom proceedings. We are trial attorneys, and we are unafraid of the courtroom.
With our decades of combined experience, we know what is at stake and how to use the evidence and facts at hand to best defend our clients.
We build our services around you, answering your questions and fighting for the outcome that you want. When you hire us, our criminal defense attorneys in Clarksville will work tirelessly to bring you a fair trial.
Related Criminal Defense Blogs
Don’t wait to get started. Contact Goble & Yow Attorneys, PLLC today by dialing (931) 283-2311.